Thursday, December 9, 2021

Books I Read in 2021, Vol. XIV

 

FOOD: A Love Story
Jim Gaffigan

Have you ever finished a meal that tasted horrible but not noticed until the last bite? Eaten in your car so you wouldn't have to share with your children? Gotten hungry while watching a dog food commercial?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are pretty pathetic, but you are not alone. Feast along with America's favorite food comedian, best-selling author, and male supermodel Jim Gaffigan as he digs into his specialty: stuffing his face. [This book] is an in-depth, thoroughly uninformed look at everything from health food to things that people actually enjoy eating.

Having enjoyed Dad Is Fat and being fond of Gaffigan's stand-up comedy, I've been looking forward to reading this book for a while. As expected, there was plenty to laugh about, though I must say I was slightly disappointed that a lot of the book is just the written-down version of several of his routines. I laughed the most at the totally new stuff.

First line: As many of you know, I am a comedian who, with the immeasurable assistance of my wife, Jeannie, wrote a book called Dad Is Fat, which chronicled my life as the father of five young children in a two-bedroom apartment in New York City.

Page 56/Sentence 5: You arrive at Uno's, Giordano's, Gino's East, or Lou Malnati's and place your order, and then you wait and wait for what seems like a lifetime.

Last line: Am I right or what?


No comments:

Post a Comment

The First Post

  I woke up with the idea for this new blog as a way to take the place of what I used to post in a Facebook "Note". FB doesn't...

Top 3 Posts