Monday, May 16, 2022

Books I Read in 2022, Vol. VIII


THE GOSPEL: A Chronological Narrative of the Life of Jesus
Kermit Zarley

This story of Jesus is like no other. It includes all details of events found in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, the four Gospels of the New Testament...in the words of the leading Bible translation, the New International Version...told in a single narrative...readable, fast-moving., and in chronological sequence. It's truly the authentic, complete story of the greatest person who ever lived.

I would have sworn I bought this book while in Bible college, but its copyright is 1987, and I had been out of college three years by then. So I have no idea how long I've had this, but I know I'd read it before. This past weekend, I was on a silence and solitude retreat at the Pacem in Terris Hermitage Retreat Center in Isanti, Minnesota. This book, which weaves together all four Gospels into a single storyline, was my main input and it was amazing to be able to grasp the flow of Jesus' ministry and words and the building tension between him and the Jewish ruling council. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SUCH A JOURNEY.

First line: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Page 56/line 5: Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.

Last line: But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The First Post

  I woke up with the idea for this new blog as a way to take the place of what I used to post in a Facebook "Note". FB doesn't...

Top 3 Posts