Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Books I Read in 2024, Vol. I

 

MEETING RICH: An Untold Story About the Last Three Weeks of Rich Mullins' Life
Caleb J. Kruse

In 1997, the world was rocked with the news of Rich Mullins' passing. Christians everywhere paused their lives to mourn the loss. Radio stations paid tributes. Newspapers dedicated articles....I was with my family when I heard. I was standing in our driveway. It seemed strange, because just a few hours prior, I saw Rich Mullins alive, leaving our house. My last conversation with him took place the night before in our living room. I still hadn't yet wrapped my mind around the fact that this legend had somehow come to stay at our house. Now he was gone?

Beloved got me this book for Christmas, it was on my Amazon wish list, after all. But to call it a book is stretching it...22 pages of text plus several photographs. It would have made a fine magazine article, but a book? And $15?  And hyperlinks to additional information about people and songs that are worthless in this print edition?  Thumper's mama always said that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all, so I think I should just say that this book was mildly disappointing and leave it at that. (Sorry, Caleb.)

First Line: Homeless man.

Page 56, Line 5: [Not enough pages to make this one happen]

Last Line: You may be gone from this world, but you'll always be alive here...in each of our hearts and our memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The First Post

  I woke up with the idea for this new blog as a way to take the place of what I used to post in a Facebook "Note". FB doesn't...

Top 3 Posts