Tuesday, January 17, 2023

A Man Called Otto: Learning to Appreciate a Grumpy Old Man

 

Beloved and I broke what was probably our longest run of non-movie-attendance last Friday by going to see A Man Called Otto, starring Tom Hanks.

Both of us are Hank fans, so we went in with fairly sizable expectations. And both of us left chanting, "That was so good..." For my part, it wiped away my disappointment in Pinocchio and put Hanks back in the "He Can Practically Do No Wrong" category.

The only problem I have is that I want to tell you about some of the impactful moments in the movie, but I have a greater desire for you to experience the gentle unfolding of Otto's story for yourself. So...treat yourself to an adult (but not as in "adult bookstore" adult) film that engages the mind and heart without depending on adrenaline.

On a semi-related note, the ticket-seller asked if we were seniors, and it kind of set me on my heels. It was the first time I had ever been asked that...and the first time I ever admitted, even to myself, that...yes indeed...I am.

But I hope that doesn't mean the title of this post is referring to ME instead of Otto.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The First Post

  I woke up with the idea for this new blog as a way to take the place of what I used to post in a Facebook "Note". FB doesn't...

Top 3 Posts