Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Crying in My Sleep

 

I started sifting through one of the piles of papers in my home office this morning and found this...I don't know...poem?

I wrote it on a series of sticky notes; I think either in the middle of the night or right after getting up some morning. I'm pretty sure it's close to being a true story.


Tears of Joy


Crying in My Sleep

I dreamt of you last night
You had created a beautiful coffee-table book
of quotes and pictures
and poems and life

You had bared your soul in print
and put me on the cover
Me
On the cover
And I sobbed so deeply I couldn't breathe

To be so fondly remembered
To have a memory of yourself so deeply cherished
Well, it is able to separate bone from marrow
and put Humpty Dumpty together again

I dreamt of you last night
And was reborn




No comments:

Post a Comment

The First Post

  I woke up with the idea for this new blog as a way to take the place of what I used to post in a Facebook "Note". FB doesn't...

Top 3 Posts